With the fourth edition of Epizode Festival coming up in Phu Quoc, Vietnam, their organizers made sure to let us know that they have added new eco-initiatives to their event!
In their words, “By promoting environmental awareness we are doing as much as we can to minimize the harmful impact and to strengthen the idea of a community coming together to celebrate the environment while listening to good music.”
Here is the check-list on what Epizode will be implementing for their 11-day party!
- Plastic water bottles will no longer be available.
- Plastic straws are replaced with eco-friendly wild grass straws from local partner Zero Waste Saigon.
- Tableware used at the food court is now made from recycled sugarcane and decomposes in 45 days.
- Festival launches cup sharing system in the bars.
- Separated waste collection approach will be represented on the Epizode festival.
Not only that, but post-event, there will be two cleaning events to remove the waste from the beach. The one held on January 3rd is open for guests to participate!
To know more about Epizode Festival, check out their website! https://epizode.com/
Let us know why you think it’s important for festivals to be eco-friendly!