Last modified: April 10th, 2016
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating an account on www.clubbingtv.com we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which videos you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
• Information you give us. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or personal details to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Clubbing TV Profile, which may include your name and photo.
• Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video, visit a website that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
◦ Device information.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Clubbing TV may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Clubbing TV Account.
◦ Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Clubbing TV, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
▪ details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
▪ Internet protocol address.
▪ device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
▪ cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Clubbing TV Account.
◦ Location information When you use Clubbing TV services, we may collect and process information about your actual location.
◦ Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Clubbing TV when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
◦ Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML5) and application data caches.
◦ Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Clubbing TV service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or other features that may appear on other sites.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Clubbing TV and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Clubbing TV Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Clubbing TV Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Clubbing TV Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Clubbing TV Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a Clubbing TV Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Clubbing TV or on third-party applications connected to your Clubbing TV Account in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Clubbing TV Account.
When you contact Clubbing TV, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your browsing experience to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized video search results.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Clubbing TV service – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know.
Clubbing TV processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
• Review your Clubbing TV activity controls to see what types of data, such as videos you’ve watched or past searches, you would like saved with your account when you use Clubbing TV services. You can also visit these controls to manage whether certain activity is stored in a cookie or similar technology on your device when you use our services while signed-out of your account.
• Review and see certain types of information tied to your Clubbing TV Account by contacting us.
• Adjust how the Profile associated with your Clubbing TV Account appears to others.
• Take information associated with your Clubbing TV Account out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engine.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
• With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Clubbing TV when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With domain administrators
If your Clubbing TV Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Clubbing TV Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
◦ view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
◦ change your account password.
◦ suspend or terminate your account access.
◦ access or retain information stored as part of your account.
◦ receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
◦ restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
• For external processing
• For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Clubbing TV if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
◦ meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
◦ enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
◦ detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
◦ protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Clubbing TV, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Clubbing TV and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt some of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Clubbing TV employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities